Hopefully, the sun will shine from the start of summer and well into the autumn, perfect for your Airbnb guests to enjoy the garden. Just how do you create a garden that is inviting, welcoming and practical to Airbnb guests?
The garden is a beautiful space for your guests to use. Get it right, and it can become the feature that attracts guests, making your Airbnb rental stand out above the rest.
Embrace nature (but be tidy)
There is a difference between a garden that is untouched and one that is ‘manicured’ to make the most of nature. Are there parts of your garden that are under-utilised? Making the most of every inch, whether you have a small garden or acres of land, is essential for dressing your garden to be the outdoor haven your guests will love.
Offer different options when it comes to use
Your guests will be looking to relax and enjoy the outdoor space thus it makes sense to offer different seating options…
- Outdoor bar – with an outdoor bar and stools, your guests can lap up the sunshine and each other’s company in an informal social setting.
- Alfresco dining – a garden patio set on the patio is perfect for breakfast in the garden, as it is for lunch and the evening meal. If space is limited, a folding garden bistro set with either two or four chairs is ideal. Or you can opt for a chunky hardwood outdoor dining table and chairs if you prefer.
- Informal seating – from a rattan sofa set to an L-shaped garden sofa set, informal seating has become really popular in the last few years. Better still, rattan outdoor furniture is the perfect investment simply because it is robust, stylish and from sustainable sources too. Sofas imply lounging, and that means enjoying the garden to relax in.
Give your garden a wow factor
Outdoor space is always a selling point when it comes to Airbnb rentals, but by giving it an extra injection with the wow factor, your bookings will fly off the chart.
- A garden room – investing in a garden room or studio is perfect for expanding the potential bookings you could enjoy through Airbnb. As well as being perfect for spending more time in the garden and enjoying your hospitality, it also makes your property an ideal rental for business travellers too.
- A peaceful haven for guests and nature – from spectacular waterfalls to pretty ponds full of life, creating a peaceful nook, complete with rattan sofa or garden bench, is perfect for those guests who want to get off the merry go round of life, for a day or two at least.
Invest in garden design
You may not have the budget to do a full Monty Don on your garden, but there is no denying the difference that the professional services of a gardener can make both in the design of your outdoor space and how welcoming it looks.
Plant plenty of fragrant blooms and dreamy climbers and add lights as well as making sure there are plenty of rugs, throws and cushions for the outdoor rattan sofa and chairs for guests to use.
Make the most of every aspect of your garden, from the view at the hedgerow to shade of the pergola.