Looking back at our blogs over 2021 it's obvious to us that you like a mixture of tips and ideas as well as inspiration from interior experts and nosing around other peoples homes. As the year comes to a close, we take a look back at the blogs you most enjoyed reading in 2021.
Our top 10 most read blogs
1. Arthty Ragupathy of @av.home gave out some super tips on how to add character to a new build. In this blog, she explained how wood is your best friend when trying to make your new build home feel rustic and traditional. Along with our Soho Extending Reclaimed Wood Dining Table, she uses different textures and neutral tones to create a contemporary interior with a warm, homely and lived-in feel.
2. Dining room furniture ideas are still the top item of interest with industrial dining tables being as popular as ever.... of course with that comes additional decisions for you when choosing dining chairs as well as the must-have wooden dining bench. Getting the right dining table is very important to you and we are often asked Which wood is best for a dining table? To answer this we had a look at numerous popular rustic dining table options from oak to a reclaimed wood dining table and looked at the pros and characteristics of the most popular choices.
3. Our blog looking at how to Style a rustic dining table with leather seating was another hugely popular read. We didn't only look at leather seating we considered faux leather dining chairs too as an eco-friendly alternative - like us, our readers care about the planet and want their homes to reflect that.
4. We shared our top tips when it comes to How to style chairs with your industrial dining table and it was clear you were asking the same question. Our blog covered not just the typical black metal legged industrial tables we all love, but also a more glamorous option, the Oldham Oak Dining Table.
5. The breakfast counter is another area that you've been wanting to improve. Choosing the right bar stools for your kitchen can be tricky, so we looked at practical ways to help you decide what style of kitchen island stools would work well for you and the members of your household, whilst looking super stylish, of course.
6. Using eco-friendly products throughout the home is something that many of you are interested in and our blog Using colour with The Little Greene Paint Company made it into our top ten. Their water-based paints carry the industry's lowest eco-rating, meaning its VOC content is almost zero - great for your home and for the environment.
Credit: Little Greene Paint Company
7. After an unprecedented year, it's no surprise that our focus has been on home decor and the useability of indoor and outdoor space, so it will come as no surprise that so many of you enjoyed reading our 3 colours that complement a brown leather sofa blog. A brown leather sofa is a perennial favourite in the home and sits comfortably with pretty much any colour, but we picked three modern hues that clearly inspired you.
8. Sticking with advice to make your home your favourite place, our tips to get a family friendly living room also made it into our top 10. We showed how you can create a stylish sophisticated space that works for everyone in the household.
9. Working from home became a norm for most us throughout the year and a focus on improving our work space was hugely popular. We've been with you all the way with plenty of ideas to create a comfortable home office - whether you have a separate study or have had to combine it with a room that has, until recently, only been used for something else. We've looked at everything from office storage, to choosing the best desk chair right through to Ways to give your workspace a creative edge.
10. We added to our range of popular British handcrafted Onslow Reclaimed Wood Bed frames and took the opportunity to look at ways to make the most of the space in your bedroom, which we were glad our readers enjoyed. From what to consider when purchasing a reclaimed solid wood chest of drawers to ideas on how to style the foot of your bed, including adding a wooden blanket box or even a wooden bench for a wonderful rustic look.
What were your favourite reads from our inspiration and ideas this year? We'd love to hear what you enjoy, so we can bring more of it to you next year. Leave a comment below to let us know.